Try this Asian-inspired salmon and rice dish for an easy midweek dinner. Salmon is marinaded in a sticky honey and soy glaze that caramelises under the grill, and served with rice and a crisp, zingy spring onion salad with a bold chilli and sesame dressing.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Add the salmon fillets and set aside to marinate for at least 30 mins in the fridge. Put a few ice cubes in a bowl and fill with cold water. Add the shredded spring onions and set aside for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, whisk the soy, sesame oil, honey, rice vinegar and chillies together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Around 15 mins before you serve, cook the rice to pack instructions.
- Preheat the grill to high. Transfer the salmon fillets to a lightly greased baking tray, discarding the excess marinade, then grill for 4 mins, turn and grill for another 2-4 mins until cooked though.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork, divide between 4 plates and top each with 2 salmon halves. Drain the spring onions and shake to remove excess water. Add to the dressing bowl with the sesame seeds and toss to coat. Spoon the spring onions onto each plate and drizzle with the dressing to serve.
Tip: You could cut a 500g boneless half side of salmon into 8 rather than buying individual fillets.
See more Salmon recipes