Scotch Manhattan recipe
Give a classic Manhattan cocktail British flavour with Scottish whisky. This stylish cocktail recipe takes just five minutes to shake together and, served over ice and garnished with Maraschino cherries, instantly transports you to America. See method
- 50ml Scottish whisky
- 25ml vermouth bianco
- 2-3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 strips of orange peel, pared from an orange using a swivel peeler
- 2 handfuls ice cubes
- 3 maraschino cherries, to serve
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Pour the whisky, vermouth and bitters into a cocktail shaker or jug with a handful of ice and one strip of orange peel. Shake or stir well.
- Fill a tumbler with a few cubes of ice. Strain the cocktail into the glass and add the second piece of orange peel. Skewer the cherries onto a cocktail stick and balance on the side of the glass to serve.
See more Drinks recipes