Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not make it something special? An easy to prepare recipe for a lovely festive breakfast. Great to please all hungry tummies!
- Add the eggs and milk to a bowl and get the little ones to whisk the mixture until combined.
- Add a knob of butter to a medium-sized saucepan and set over a medium heat. When the butter is foaming, pour in the egg mixture and reduce the heat to low.
- Stir the egg mixture with a wooden spoon until the eggs are almost cooked but not quite. Then, remove the pan from the heat and set aside while you prepare the mushrooms.
- Set a frying pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter. When foaming, add the chestnut mushrooms and fry until all of the moisture has been released and they are a nice golden-brown colour.
- Place the slices of wholemeal bread in a toaster and toast until golden-brown. Return the scrambled eggs to the heat for 1 minute to heat through and finish cooking.
- To serve, divide the eggs, mushrooms and slices of toast between four plates and get the kids to sprinkle with the chopped chives and a slosh of mushroom ketchup. Serve immediately.
See more Breakfast recipes