Give your snacks a super makeover - these gorgeously salty and sweet roasted chickpeas take only 30 minutes to make and are a brilliant, healthy alternative to peanuts.
- Preheat the oven to gas 5, 190°C, fan 170°C. Put the chickpeas in a bowl lined with kitchen paper and pat dry, removing as much moisture as possible.
- Tip the chickpeas into a fresh, clean bowl and toss with the olive oil and paprika; season well.
- Spread the chickpeas out on a large baking tray and roast for 10 minutes, or until just starting to colour.
- Remove from the oven and scatter over the lemon zest and seeds. Drizzle with the honey and gently stir, until evenly coated. Return the tray to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes, until golden and crisp.
- Leave to cool on the tray, before transferring to a serving bowl, or serve in paper cones, if you like.
Tip: Tinned chickpeas vary in size, so keep an eye on them as they roast. You can also make this snack with dried varieties – just soak them overnight first.
See more Party recipes