Spiced mango salsa recipe
- 1/2tsp coriander seeds
- 1/4tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 salad onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- about 1tbsp lime juice
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander, plus extra to serve
If you don't have any limes, try a lemon instead
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Heat a small, dry frying pan, toss in the coriander and cumin seeds and toast for a few minutes, shaking the pan often, until they start to smell fragrant. Remove from the heat and grind the seeds to a powder using a pestle and mortar. Stir in the oil and a pinch of salt.
- Tip the mango cubes into a serving bowl with the salad onions. Pour the lime juice over along with the spiced oil, then gently stir together with the chopped coriander. Taste and add a little more lime juice if you wish, then serve scattered with extra chopped coriander.
Goes well with mini poppadums as an appetizer, or served with chicken.
See more Spanish recipes