Help your kids understand how to make tasty dishes with our creative recipes – your little helpers will love whipping up this scrumptious new potato salad, while you cook some tasty sticky sausages on the side.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200ºC, fan 180ºC.
- The kids can scrub the new potatoes, to remove any loose dirt and, with adult supervision, halve any large potatoes.
- Put the honey, barbecue sauce and wholegrain mustard in a small bowl and mix well. Place the sausages on a baking tray lined with nonstick baking paper and brush all sides with the glaze.
- Bake the sausages for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked through. Cut into pieces.
- Meanwhile, place the Jersey Royals in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain, leave to cool a little and transfer to a large bowl.
- For the dressing, get the kids to place the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and runny honey in a small jug or bowl and mix well.
- Lightly crush the potatoes with a potato masher. Drizzle over half the dressing and toss together. Add the sausages, tomatoes, salad leaves and toss to combine. Serve immediately, drizzled with the remaining dressing.
See more Cooking with kids recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.