This fragrant dish made with garlic and ginger is a great way to introduce kids to different flavours. They will love it even more if they get to help with the cooking too! You will need: large bowl, sharp knife, large wok, kitchen paper, wooden spatula or tongs.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cornflour and 1 tsp soy sauce. Add the chicken and toss until well coated. Set aside while you prepare the veg.
- Place a large wok over a high heat. When the wok is hot, add 1 tbsp of oil and swirl around the pan. Use kitchen paper to pat the chicken fillets dry and then add to the wok.
- Use a wooden spatula or a pair of tongs to keep the chicken moving around the wok, until it is cooked through and no pink meat remains, about 5 minutes. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Pour the remaining oil into the wok and swirl around, as before. Add the red pepper and cook for a minute. Add the mangetout and cook for 2 minutes more until just tender, stirring all the time. Add the spring onion whites and the beansprouts and cook for another minute. Stir in the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the noodles to the wok, along with the chicken, and then pour the remaining soy sauce in, along with a splash of water, if needed and cook, stirring often, until the noodles and the chicken are heated through. Sprinkle over the spring onion greens and serve straightaway.
See more Chicken recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.
This is a Let’s Cookalong recipe from The Tesco Eat Happy Project, helping children have a healthier, happier relationship with food.
Find out more about The Tesco Eat Happy Project