You should receive an email shortly.
Please log in to add this recipe
Go to binder
Packed full of veg, these black bean and sweet potato chilli bowls are the perfect winter warmer. Spiced with cumin and served with a zingy tomato salsa, this dish is full of flavour and low on effort. See method
of the reference intake
1. Preheat the oven to 180°c / gas 4. Tip the sweet potatoes into a roasting tin and add half the oil and 1 tsp of the smoked paprika. Toss to coat the sweet potatoes and bake for 30 mins, until just tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion and pepper gently for 8-10 minutes, until softened. Add a splash of water if it looks like it might catch. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute, until softened. Add the remaining spices and tomato puree and cook for a minute more, until aromatic. Pour in the tomatoes, along with half a can of water, and simmer for 15-20 Minutes, until slightly reduced and thickened.
3. Stir in the sweet potatoes and beans and simmer for a final 5 minutes. Season to taste with black pepper.
4. Whilst the chilli is simmering, combine the red onion and lime juice and set aside for 5 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and chilli (to your taste) and stir through the coriander when ready to serve.
5. Ladle the chilli into bowls and top with the salsa.
See more Diabetes recipes
Before you comment please read our community guidelines.