Friday: Harissa turkey burgers
1kg sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into fries
1½ tbsp vegetable oil
2 red onions, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
50g wholewheat couscous
500g pack 7% fat turkey mince
2 tbsp harissa paste
227g tin pineapple slices in natural juice
15g fresh mint, leaves chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
1 lime, juiced
50g baby spinach
1. Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Divide the sweet potato fries between 2 baking trays. Toss with ½ tbsp oil and spread out the fries. Bake for 25-30 mins, turning halfway, until crisp.
2. Meanwhile, heat ½ tbsp oil in a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat and fry three-quarters of the onion for 8 mins. Add the garlic and fry for 1 min. Tip into a bowl and leave to cool a little.
3. Put the couscous in a heatproof bowl and add 100ml boiling water. Cover with a plate and set aside for 6-8 mins until all the water has been absorbed. Fluff up with a fork.
4. Put the mince, couscous, softened onion and harissa in a large bowl. Mix well with clean hands, then form into 4 patties. Heat ½ tbsp oil in the frying pan and fry the patties over a medium heat for 5 mins each side until cooked through and golden.
5. Drain the pineapple, reserving 1 tbsp juice. Chop and mix with the mint, chilli, remaining onion, reserved juice and lime juice. Serve with the burgers, fries and spinach.