Thai red chicken and squash traybake
Jamie Oliver says, "Traybakes are often my go-to midweek meal as they're all about maximum flavour, but minimal fuss. This beautiful curry is full of attitude with its punchy, aromatic flavours softened by creamy coconut milk. Swapping squash for pumpkin makes it ideal for Halloween too. Seriously delicious!"
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Carefully quarter the squash lengthways, deseed and cut into 3cm chunks, then tip into a large roasting tray, along with the chicken thighs. Season lightly with sea salt, add the curry paste, then give everything a good mix and roast for 45 mins or until golden and cooked through.
- When the time's up, remove the tray from the oven and pour in the coconut milk. Trim and finely chop the spring onions and half the coriander (stalks and all) and add to the tray. Give everything a good mix, then roast for a further 15 mins while you cook the rice.
- Fill 1½ builder's mugs with rice and tip into a pan, along with 3 mugs of boiling water. Cook on a medium heat, with the lid off, for 10 mins, or until all the water has been absorbed and the rice is light and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, halve the cucumber lengthways and scoop out and discard the watery seeds. Cut into rough chunks and place in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Finely grate in the zest from 1 lime and squeeze in the juice (to avoid waste, cut the squashed lime into quarters and pop into a jug of water for a refreshing drink). Give everything a good scrunch with your hands, then finely the remaining coriander leaves and scatter a few over the cucumber.
- Slice the sugar snap peas in half lengthways and add to the tray for the last 2 mins.
- Scatter the remaining coriander over the traybake. Slice the remaining lime into wedges for squeezing over, then serve with the cucumber salad and fluffy rice.
Jamie's tip: "Using less meat and upping the veg makes this dish even better for you. Plus, choosing light coconut milk instead of regular is an easy way to lower the fat. Double win!"
See more Healthy recipes
View full recipe details