Bring some Thai-inspired sizzle to the dinner table with this quick and easy chicken stir-fry. Chicken and veg are cooked with a flavour-packed mix of fresh chillies, garlic, ginger, Thai curry paste and fresh, fragrant basil.
- Put a large wok or frying pan over a high heat and add 1 tbsp of the oil. Season the chicken strips and add to the hot oil, then stir-fry for 4-5 mins until light golden all over. Remove to a plate and set aside – you may need to do this in batches if you haven’t got a large wok.
- Add the remaining ½ tbsp oil to the pan and add the mushrooms. Stir-fry for 8 mins, adding a splash of water to the pan if it becomes too dry.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to pack instructions and keep warm.
- When the mushrooms are softened and browned, add the chillies, garlic, ginger and mangetout and stir-fry for 1 min. Return the chicken to the pan (along with any juices on the plate), add the curry paste and stir-fry for 2 mins.
- Pour in the chicken stock and cook for 1-2 mins until everything is sizzling and the chicken is fully cooked through. Stir through most of the basil leaves, reserving some to garnish, and take off the heat. Add the lime juice and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Divide the cooked noodles between serving plates or bowls and top with the chicken and veg. Serve with a few fresh basil leaves and a wedge of lime.
Tip: Swap the noodles for brown rice if preferred, cook 250g according to pack instructions and serve alongside the stir-fry.
See more Chicken recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.