Cheesecake, but not as you know it. This savoury twist on the classic has a gluten-free breadcrumb base, fragrant cream cheese filling and is topped with a vibrant medley of beets and shallots for a gorgeous free-from main.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Grease and line the base of a 22cm springform cake tin.
- Toss the shallots and garlic with half the oil; season. In a different bowl, repeat with the beetroot and remaining oil.
- Transfer to a roasting dish, keeping the beetroot separate from the shallots and garlic. Cover with foil and bake for 40 mins, then remove the foil and bake for 10 mins, or until soft and golden. Leave to cool, then chill in the fridge.
- Blitz the bread to fine breadcrumbs in a food processor. In a bowl, combine the crumbs, hard cheese, melted butter and some black pepper. Press into the base of the tin. Bake for 15-20 mins, until golden.
- Blitz the filling ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Pour over the cooked base and return to the oven for 45-50 mins, until just set. Cover with foil if the top browns too quickly. Remove and cool, then cover and chill for 5 hrs, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, unmould the cheesecake from the tin, top with the roasted vegetables and garnish with a few extra sprigs of thyme.
Tip: If you can't find gluten-free breadcrumbs, simply blitz some gluten-free bread.
See more Gluten-Free recipes
View full recipe details