Super lentil and vegetable soup
This warming vegetarian soup is packed full of goodness - perfect for keeping you warm on chilly evenings! Serve with crusty bread for hearty winter meal.
- Top and tail the carrot, then peel, dice and wash it.
- Also top and tail the leek, remove the outer layer, then peel, slice and wash it.
- Peel and cube the potato. Wash the celery, before cutting it into pieces around 2cm in length.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry all the vegetables, except the potatoes, for 5 mins. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 mins.
- Dissolve the stock powder in boiling water, before adding it to the saucepan and bringing it to the boil.
- Add the potatoes and red lentils, before putting a lid on the saucepan and allowing all the ingredients to simmer for 30 mins.
- Serve this hearty soup with crusty bread.
Tip: You can replace the leek and carrot with other vegetables.
See more Soup Recipes
View full recipe details