Roasted pepper and courgette salad
Serve up a taste of the Mediterranean with this warm roasted veg salad that makes a great side dish to grilled meats and fish or as part of a vegetarian buffet. Sweet, colourful roasted peppers and courgettes combine with a fragrant oregano and garlic oil and are finished with a crunchy sprinkle of toasted pine nuts for a healthy salad recipe.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Put the pepper and onion wedges on a large baking tray. In a small bowl, mix together 2 tbsp of the oil with the dried oregano, crushed garlic and lemon zest. Season, then drizzle over the veg and toss everything together before spreading the veg out in an even layer.
- Roast for 20 mins, then remove the tray from the oven and add the courgettes and remaining tbsp of oil. Toss everything together, then return to the oven for 15 mins.
- Drizzle over the balsamic vinegar and roast for a final 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, add the pine nuts to a dry-frying pan on a medium heat and toast gently for 30 secs-1 min until lightly golden.
- Serve the roasted veg on a large platter or dish and sprinkle over the pine nuts and sprigs of fresh oregano or thyme (if using) to serve.
Tip: To make the salad more substantial, toss the veg with a 250g pack cooked quinoa and bulgur wheat for the last 5 mins of cooking and crumble over 50g goat’s cheese (with the pine nuts) before serving.
See more Salad recipes
View full recipe details