Chicken pizza calzone recipe
Recreate the feeling of being at your favourite pizza joint by trying your hand at this recipe for chicken pizza calzone. The best part of this recipe is that it takes under an hour to both prep and cook. Who knew turning your home into a calzone zone could be so easy? See method
- 1 packet of pizza dough mix (enough to make a medium sized pizza)
- 30g sweetcorn
- ½ small courgette
- ½ small red onion
- ½ a red pepper, diced
- 100g grilled chicken
- 30g grated cheese
- 2tsp of vegetable oil
For the salsa
- 150g tomatoes, diced
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1tbsp of tomato puree
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
If you don't have red onions, try using white, brown or spring onions
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat oven to gas 5, 190°C, fan 170°C. Make the pizza dough as per the packet instructions. Chop the onion and the courgette.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onions. Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, oregano, and a little water.
- Season with salt, pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes until the juices reduce into a nice thick sauce.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface into an oval shape. Dice the chicken and mix with the sweetcorn and chopped courgette and pepper. Spread the sauce over the pizza dough leaving enough space to seal the edges, and add the sweetcorn, courgettes, peppers, and chicken. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Carefully roll the pizza dough over on itself like a wrap, seal the edges and slightly flatten Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes turning once to ensure even browning.
See more Italian recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.