Chocolate loaf cake recipe
This simple chocolate loaf cake recipe is the perfect easy baking recipe for new bakers. Rich and fluffy chocolate cake is studded with melting chunks of dark chocolate and all made in just one bowl for cake ready in an hour! See method
- 175g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 150g dark chocolate, 75g melted and 75g chopped
- 175g plain flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp baking powder
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 5, 180°C, fan 160°C. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar with an electric hand whisk until pale and very fluffy. Whisk in the eggs one at a time, then add the melted chocolate and whisk until incorporated.
- Sift over the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Use a large metal spoon to fold into the mixture. Once combined, fold through most of the chopped chocolate.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin, level the top, scatter over the remaining chopped chocolate and bake for 45-50 mins until risen and an inserted tip of a knife comes out clean.
See more Chocolate cake recipes