These cute chocolate truffles displayed in a decorated flowerpot will make a wonderful gift for family and friends. The kids can take charge of decorating both flower pot and truffles, just be sure to supervise to make sure things don’t get too messy!
- Melt the chocolate by crumbling it into a glass bowl and setting it over a pan of simmering water, without the bowl touching the water. Stir until all of the chocolate has melted. Alternatively, melt the chocolate in a microwave on a low power.
- Add the cream and cinnamon to a pan and place on a medium heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer, add the salt and turn the heat off.
- Slowly add the cream to the chocolate, stirring to incorporate with each addition of cream. Once all of the cream is mixed in, set aside to cool slightly.
- Use baking paper to line a small tray that is at least 1 inch deep. Pour the chocolate mixture into the tray and leave for 4 hours to set at room temperature. After 4 hours, place in the fridge for 5-6 hours until set.
- Use a melon baller or small teaspoon to shape the chocolate into small truffle-sized balls - if the chocolate is too firm and difficult to work with, leave to stand at room temperature to soften slightly before continuing. This can get pretty messy, so it might be an idea to wear an apron when doing this.
- Lay out your choice of decorations; such as edible glitter, confetti, grated or melted white chocolate, silver balls or hundreds and thousands. Get the kids to roll the truffles in the various decorations and place the finished products onto a lined tray.
- Once each truffle ball is decorated, gently press a lollipop stick into the middle of each truffle and place in the fridge.
- Stuff the pot with some crumpled up newspaper. Cut a piece of florists foam to fit snugly in the top of the flower pot and disguise the foam with some more decorative paper and ribbons.
- Press the truffle lollipops into the florist foam to create a flower bunch of truffles and give to family and friends as a gift. The truffles will keep in the fridge for up to a week after making.
See more Christmas recipes for kids