Crunchy nuts and seeds are combined with succulent cranberries and papaya for this delicious granola bar. It's the ultimate breakfast bar but, also makes a stellar snack at any time of the day.
- Preheat the oven to gas 5, 190ºC, fan 170ºC. Line the base of a 9in square, deep tin with nonstick baking paper.
- Place the butter and honey into a large pan and melt over a moderate heat, then stir in the sugar. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 mins until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add all the oats, spice, fruit and seeds to the mixture and stir well to combine, taking care not to break up the fresh cranberries too much. Transfer to the prepared tin and level.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 mins until the edges are just beginning to brown. Allow to cool in the tin then run a sharp knife around the edges to loosen.
- Turn out as a whole slab once cold, then using a sharp knife cut into 12 squares.
Tip: If fresh cranberries are not available, extra dried cranberries can be used instead.
See more Breakfast recipes