Grilled sea bass fillets with Mediterranean potato salad recipe
Prepare the light, delicate flavours of the Mediterranean in just 25 minutes with this sea bass and potato salad dish. Grilling the sea bass skin-side up ensures a crispy texture, with tender veg complementing the fillet. A zingy vinaigrette dressing pulls the dish together, giving a strong, punchy flavour that will have you making this dish again and again. See method
- 800g baby potatoes, halved, or quartered if large
- 200g pack fine beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5g fresh basil leaves, very finely chopped
- 40ml red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 roasted peppers from a 460g jar, drained and sliced into strips
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 heaped tbsp sliced black olives in brine, roughly chopped
- 2 x 190g packs boneless sea bass fillets
- 10g fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
Support your bones: This recipe is high in protein, which supports the maintenance of normal bones
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Boil the potatoes in a large pan for 10 mins or until tender, adding the green beans to the pan for the last 3 mins; drain. Tip the potatoes onto a large plate or tray and leave to cool completely; rinse the beans under cold water to stop them from continuing to cook.
- Put the garlic, basil and vinegar in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in 1½ tbsp oil, whisking continuously to emulsify, until well combined. Put the cooled potatoes and beans, the peppers, onion and olives in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss together. Cover and set aside while you cook the fish.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Line a baking tray with nonstick baking paper and add the sea bass, skin side up. Drizzle with ½ tbsp oil, season with pepper, then grill for 6-8 mins until cooked through and the skin is golden and lightly crisp.
- Toss most of the parsley through the potato salad and season with black pepper. Divide between 4 plates and top with the fish. Scatter over the remaining parsley to serve.
See more Sea bass recipes