Halloumi stuffed peppers recipe
Whip up these flavoursome veggie delights in no time – perfect for sharing during sunny evenings. Roasting red peppers and cherry tomatoes gives this snack a sweet and tangy base, with the salty halloumi and olives giving a savoury balance. Give this a go and you'll be making it again for sure! See method
- 4 red peppers
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 220g pack Tesco Finest Piccolo cherry tomatoes, picked
- 250g pouch microwaveable pilau rice
- 40g pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 35g sultanas or flame raisins
- 80g halloumi, cubed
- 10g fresh parsley, roughly chopped
Help your immune system: This recipe is high in vitamin C, which supports the normal function of the immune system
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Halve the peppers, leaving the stalks intact but removing the core and membrane.
- Rub with 1 tbsp oil and place, cut side down, in a roasting tin. Put the cherry tomatoes in a separate small roasting tin, season and toss in ½ tbsp oil. Roast alongside the peppers for 15 mins.
- Heat the rice to pack instructions. Fork into a bowl and stir in the rest of the ingredients, reserving a little of the halloumi and parsley.
- Fill the pepper halves with the rice mixture and top with the tomatoes and reserved halloumi. Return to the oven for 15-20 mins or until the halloumi is golden. Scatter with the remaining parsley to serve.
See more Vegetarian recipes