Jamie's smoky grilled veg salad recipe
Jamie says: "A riot of colour and texture with a sweet, smoky flavour, this vibrant salad is a brilliant side for alfresco eating. Whether cooked on a griddle or BBQ, charring the veg brings bags of flavour" See method
- red wine vinegar
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large courgettes
- 100g bunch spring onions
- 2 ripe peaches
- 50g black olives, stone removed
- 30g pack fresh basil
- 2 Little Gem lettuces
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 100g feta
2 of your 5-a-day and a source of protein
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat your barbecue to a high heat (or use a griddle pan on a high heat once the veg is prepped and you’re ready to use). Make a dressing by whisking 2 tbsp red wine vinegar and 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil on a platter or in a large bowl; season to taste.
- Finely slice the courgettes lengthways. In batches, lay them in a single layer onto the hot barbecue, turning until smoky and soft. Remove to the platter with the prepared dressing. Trim the spring onions and place them on the barbecue, turning occasionally until smoky and soft. Remove to a chopping board, then roughly chop and add to the platter
- Destone and slice the peaches, then place on the barbecue and cook for 2 mins each side before removing to the platter. Tear the olives up into chunks along with most of the basil leaves.
- Roughly chop the lettuce and tomatoes, then add to the platter with the olives and basil. Crumble over the feta, adding a few extra basil leaves on top.
See more Jamie Oliver recipes