Jamie's stuffed folded flatbread recipe
Jamie says: "Inspired by the traditional Turkish flatbreads called pide, this is my stripped-back expression that still packs a flavour punch, and gives you a portable lunch or dinner that can be enjoyed hot or cold." See method
- 700g frozen chargrilled Mediterranean veg
- 400g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 bunch of mint (30g)
- 30g shelled unsalted pistachios
- 100g feta cheese
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Tip the frozen veg into a large non-stick frying pan on a medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook for 15 minutes, or until super-soft and sweet, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile, put the flour in a bowl with a small pinch of sea salt, then gradually add 275ml of water, mixing with a fork as you go. Tip on to a flour-dusted surface and knead for a few minutes until smooth, then cover and leave to rest.
- When the time’s almost up on the veg, pick and roughly chop the mint leaves. Bash or chop the pistachios until fine, then mix half into the veg along with most of the mint leaves. Crumble in half the feta and season to perfection.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces, then roll each one out to roughly 12cm x 16cm. Spoon a quarter of the filling into the middle of each piece of dough, then pinch and crimp the shortest corners together (like in the picture).
- Transfer to an oiled baking tray and break over the remaining feta. Brush the dough with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Scatter over the remaining mint leaves and pistachios, to serve.
See more Jamie Oliver recipes
Credit: 5 Ingredients Mediterranean by Jamie Oliver is published by Penguin Michael Joseph© Jamie Oliver Enterprises Limited (2023, 5 Ingredients Mediterranean). Recipe photography David Loftus ©2023