Lemon and white chocolate cookies recipe
Zingy lemon and creamy white chocolate are a match made in heaven in these delicious cookies - the perfect afternoon treat. See method
- 160g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 lemons, zested
- 85g light muscovado sugar
- 85g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 400g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g white chocolate, chopped
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Cream together the butter, lemon zest and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, adding a little at a time. Finally, sift in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and stir in the chopped chocolate. Mix until the dough comes together.
- Roll balls of the mixture to the size of a walnut, and then lightly press to flatten. Place on a baking sheet, leaving a little space between each to allow for slight spreading.
- Bake for 12 mins, until the dough has slightly risen and is lightly golden. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack. Store in an airtight container.
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
All biscuits are perfect for freezing, you can even freeze the dough and bake your biscuits fresh. Cookie dough makes a lovely gift too. Package your biscuits carefully when they are completely cold and always freeze them on the same day you bake them, they can be frozen for up to 2 months. Or they can be kept in an airtight container for up to a week – After a week they will not be as crisp and the flavour and overall texture won’t be as good, but they are still edible for a day or 2.
See more Sweet bakes, biscuits and pastry recipes