Loaded hasselback potatoes recipe
Move over potato salad, there's a new summer side dish in town. These crispy hasselback potatoes are loaded with a delicious garlicky yoghurt dressing, spring onions, fresh parsley and feta. If you don't have time to create the hasselback effect, the recipe would work just as well with whole potatoes. See method
- 750g baby potatoes
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
For the dressing
- 150g Greek yogurt
- 100g feta
- 1 clove garlic
- Pared rind and juice of ½ lemon
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 15g flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
If you haven't got any baby potatoes, try dicing a large white potato instead
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Place a wooden spoon on the work surface, place the potatoes in the spoon one at a time and cut slits vertically 3-5mm apart - the wooden spoon will prevent you from cutting all the way through. Place in a roasting tin, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together, reserving half the feta and 2 spring onions for serving.
- Serve the potatoes on a platter, drizzle over the dressing, then top with extra feta, spring onions and lemon rind. The dressing will melt into the potatoes, so keep a little extra to serve on the side.
See more Potato salad recipes