This delicious recipe for classic pork and apple is one that is sure to get the kids excited and involved in cooking.
- Prepare your ingredients by peeling, coring and dicing the apple - a task older children can easily do. Finely slice the onion and garlic cloves. Slice the button mushrooms. Pat dry the pork chops and season with salt and pepper to taste. Make sure to wash your hands after handling raw meat.
- Add the olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, use tongs to sear the chops all over until evenly browned. Once seared, remove the pork from the pan and allow to rest.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the butter, apple, mushrooms, onions, garlic and sage. Cook for 5-10 minutes, until the onions become translucent.
- Pour the apple juice into the pan and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer until reduced by half - about 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer for around 10 minutes, allowing the liquid to reduce by half again. Then pour in the cream and stir well.
- Place the pork back to the pan and turn the heat down. Cook until the pork is cooked through - about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, season the pork with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
See more Pork recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.