Impress guests with this succulent and juicy pulled chicken burger that's the ultimate summer dish for those outdoor get-togethers. Topped with a vibrant and colourful mango chilli salsa, you'll be serving this dish all summer long.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Put the chicken thighs into a large roasting dish. In a bowl, mix together the tinga paste and lime zest and juice with the olive oil. Spread over the chicken so it is evenly covered, season, then roast for 35-40 minutes, basting occasionally or until the chicken is cooked through and no pink meat remains. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly.
- Remove and discard the bone and skin from the chicken and shred the chicken and put in a bowl. Discard the excess fat in the roasting tray and then pour the rest of the cooking juices over the chicken and mix together. Set aside.
- For the mango salsa, mix the chopped mango, chilli, lime juice, olive oil, chopped mint or basil with some seasoning in a bowl.
- Griddle the cut sides of the brioche buns. To serve, spread the cut side of each bun with some mayonnaise, top with a lettuce leaf, add a pile of shredded chicken and top with a spoonful of mango salsa. Serve immediately.
See more Chicken recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.
As part of a healthy balanced diet, we recommend this recipe for a special occasion or treat.