These delightfully fruity frozen treats are made with layers of pastel pink rhubarb and soft Greek yogurt. This two tone ice cream recipe makes a super refreshing snack on a warm sunny day.
- Put the rhubarb in a pan with the sugar and vanilla pod. Slowly bring to the boil, and then simmer for 5 mins until the rhubarb has softened. Remove from the heat. Put a sieve over a large bowl and push the rhubarb mixture through using a wooden spoon; discard the stringy bits left in the sieve.
- Use a whisk to combine 200ml of the rhubarb syrup with 2 tbsp of the yogurt. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the remaining yogurt with the honey. Tip into an ice cream maker and churn according to the machine's instructions until smooth and almost frozen. Spoon into a tub and put in the freezer while you churn the rhubarb.
- Layer the rhubarb and yogurt alternately in 4 x 100ml lolly moulds (if the yogurt has firmed up too much, let it sit for a few minutes). Insert sticks into the moulds and freeze for 2-4 hrs until completely solid.
- Run the outsides of the moulds under hot water to remove and serve immediately.
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
In order to enjoy optimum flavour and quality, frozen items are best used within 3 months of their freezing date. For more tips on freezing and defrosting food, read our article Love Your Freezer.
See more Ice cream recipes