Spiced Mexican bean dip recipe
Add a little spice to your dip with this thick Mexican bean dip that's bursting full of fresh, vibrant flavours. Try serving this bumpy beany dip with tortillas for the ideal lunchtime snack. See method
- 1 x 400g tin kidney or black beans, drained
- 1 spring onion, whites only, chopped
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- handful fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt or soured cream
If you don't have these beans, you can use any tinned bean in water
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Put all of the ingredients, except the yogurt or soured cream, into a food processor and whizz until a smooth paste forms, adding a little water to loosen if needed. Season to taste.
- Tip into a serving container and drizzle over the yogurt or sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips and tomato salsa, if you like.
Tip: Freeze a small ice block overnight and place this near to the dip in a lunchbox to prevent it from warming too much.
See more Packed lunch ideas