A satisfying but light alternative to classic barbecue grub, this turkey burger recipe layers a chilli-spiced patty with crisp lettuce, sweet pepers and homemade guacamole, sandwiched in a soft burger bun. Give this turkey burger a go at your next barbecue!
- Mix together the guacamole ingredients. Season and set aside for the moment.
- For the burgers, heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion and the remaining 2 garlic cloves for a few minutes.
- Allow them to cool, then tip into a bowl and add the parsley, mince and chilli powder. Season and mould into 4 burgers.
- Brush the burgers with oil and grill for about 4 minutes each side until cooked through, with no pink showing.
- Cook the pepper and onion slices on the barbecue, until softened.
- Serve in toasted buns with lettuce, the peppers and onions, and some guacamole.
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
In order to enjoy optimum flavour and quality, frozen items are best used within 3 months of their freezing date. Always defrost and heat thoroughly before eating. For more tips on freezing and defrosting food, read our article Love Your Freezer.
See more Turkey recipes For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.