Stuffed dates with goat's cheese and almonds recipe
For an easy canapé recipe that's vegetarian and gluten-free, these delicious honey-drizzled dates stuffed with goat's cheese and almonds and flavoured with thyme, are a definite winner. See method
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 5g fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 400g pack Tesco Finest Medjool and Zamli Dates
- 32 blanched almonds
- 100g soft goat’s cheese
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Heat the honey and most of the thyme leaves in a small pan until warm. Add a pinch of salt; set aside while you prepare the dates.
- Use a small knife to cut a slit lengthways into the side of each date. Remove the stone and replace with a blanched almond. Spread some of the goat’s cheese into the gap, then sit, cheese-side up, on a platter.
- Drizzle over the honey and scatter with a few more thyme leaves to serve.
See more Canapé recipes