Teriyaki-glazed sausages with sweet potato mash recipe
Teriyaki-glazed sausages are given a mountain of sweet potato mash for company in this hearty twist on a British classic. Add a hearty portion of stir-fried greens and you have a colourful, delicious meal. See method
- 8 pork sausages
- 100ml teriyaki sauce
- 750g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
- 4 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 250g fresh greens, thick stems finely sliced, leaves cut into 1cm ribbons
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
If you don't have any spring onions, try using white onions or leeks and adjust the amount accordingly
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Put the sausages in a roasting tin and pour over the teriyaki sauce. Turn to coat, then bake for 20-25 mins, stirring a few times to prevent the sauce catching, until the sausages are cooked through, sticky and glazed.
- Meanwhile, boil the sweet potatoes for 10 mins or until tender. Drain and leave to steam-dry in the colander for 5 mins. Tip back into the pan and mash with the yogurt until smooth. Stir in half the spring onions and season.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat, then stir-fry the greens for 5 mins until tender. Add the garlic and fry for 1-2 mins until golden and fragrant. Serve with the sausages and the sweet potato mash, scattered with the remaining spring onions.
See more Sausage recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.