Tomato-coated pork traybake with potatoes recipe
This simple traybake inspired by the flavours of the Mediterranean is sure to be a new favourite with the family. Tender pork steaks are coated in a delicious marinade using sundried tomatoes, lemon zest, fresh chives and Parmesan to pack the meat with flavour before being served with plenty of caramelised roasted veg. See method
- 400g baby new potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 aubergine, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 40g sundried tomatoes with garlic and herbs, drained
- 20g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 lemon, zested
- 4 thin-cut pork loin steaks
- 200g cherry tomatoes
If you haven't got any new potatoes, try dicing a large white potato instead
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Put the potatoes, aubergine and red onion in a large roasting tin. Add the oil, season and mix well. Roast for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, blitz the sundried tomatoes, Parmesan and half the lemon zest to make a rough paste. Spread over the pork steaks, ensuring they are completely coated.
- Put the coated pork steaks and tomatoes on top of the vegetables and roast for a further 10-12 mins until the pork is cooked through. Garnish with the reaming lemon zest to serve.
Tip: Instead of making your own tomato paste, brush the pork loin steaks with red pesto, if you like.
See more Pork recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.