Tuesday: Spinach stuffed salmon
½ x 250g pack baby spinach
1½ tbsp olive oil
100g soft cheese
1 garlic clove, crushed
500g side of salmon
500g baby potatoes, halved (larger ones quartered)
320g frozen garden peas
30g unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Place the spinach in a colander and pour over boiling water. Leave to wilt, then rinse under cold water. Squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible, then roughly chop and place in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Heat ½ tbsp olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat and fry the garlic for 2 mins. Add to the bowl with the spinach, along with the cream cheese and season. Mix well to combine.
3. Place the side of salmon on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Using a sharp knife, slice the salmon in half widthways, without cutting all the way through. Open up and spread the spinach filling into the middle. Close the salmon again and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Bake in the oven for 18-20 mins until the salmon is cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, bring a medium pan of slightly salted water to the boil and add the potatoes. Cook for 18 mins, then add the peas and cook for a further 3 mins. Drain, then return to the pan. Add the butter along with a little seasoning and lightly crush using a potato masher or a fork.
5. Slice the salmon into four and serve alongside the buttered potatoes and peas.