Jamie's crispy veggie mince and mushroom bowl
This recipe heroes frozen meat-free mince and flavours it with ginger and spring onion. When served with noodles and fresh veg, it makes for a punchy meal that's full of the good stuff. It's finished off with carrot - a veg often left at the bottom of the fridge, helping to make it easy on your wallet.
1. Take a handful of mushrooms, roughly chop and pan-fry in on a medium heat in 1 tsp of oil until golden, then set aside.
2. Meanwhile, peel and grate the ginger. Finely slice the white part of the spring onions (reserving the green tops), then finely chop the rest of the mushrooms (or blitz in a food processor).
3. Drizzle 1 tbsp of oil into the pan, turn the heat up to medium-high, and add the meat-free mince, finely chopped mushrooms, ginger and white spring onions. Stir-fry for 20 mins, or until the mince is gnarly and crispy.
4. Cook the noodles to packet instructions. Scrub, trim and julienne the carrots with a peeler. Finely slice the green tops of the spring onions.
5. Remove the mince pan from the heat, add the soy sauce, grate in the lime zest and squeeze over the juice.
6. Drain the noodles and divide between warm serving bowls. Spoon over the mince and the reserved golden mushrooms, then serve with the carrots and green spring onions.