Broccoli pesto penne with chilli and garlic sizzle
Vibrant, healthy and finished with a fragrant garlic and chilli sizzle, this is not your average pasta with pesto. The pesto itself takes no time at all to make - simply blitz broccoli, herbs and hazelnuts for a silky sauce that can instantly transform any healthy pasta recipe.
See more Pasta recipes
View full recipe details
- In a pan of boiling water, cook the pasta following the pack instructions. In another pan of boiling water, blanch the broccoli for 3 mins, drain and refresh under cold water.
- In a food processor, whizz the broccoli with the basil, parsley, nuts and 1 tsp oil, until finely chopped. Add the cheese and 4-5 tbsp of the pasta cooking water to loosen the pesto, then pulse. Season to taste.
- When the pasta is ready, drain and return to the pan. Add the broccoli pesto and mix through the pasta to coat.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan, add the garlic and chilli and stir-fry for 1 min over a high heat, until softened and browning slightly.
- Divide the pasta between 2 serving bowls, and spoon over the garlic and chilli sizzle. Serve with a few cheese shavings, if you like.