Cacio e pepe
Made with only four ingredients, and ready in just 20 minutes, this cacio e pepe (which literally translates as cheese and pepper), is a brilliant Italian supper that's super simple to make and tastes absolutely divine.
- Cook the pasta until al denté in a large pan of boiling salted water following the pack intructions. Drain, reserving 350ml (12fl oz) of the cooking water, and set aside.
- Clean out the pan then set over a high heat and add the butter. Once melted add the black pepper and cook, stirring continuously, for 10 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the cheese and 250ml (8fl oz) of the reserved water. Bring to the boil and mix continuously so that the cheese and water come together to form a sauce.
- Add the pasta and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Slowly add the remaining water, stirring continuously, until you have a thick sauce that clings to the pasta (you may not need to use all the water).
- Divide between four serving bowls and serve immediately.
See more Pasta recipes
View full recipe details