Salt and pepper tofu
Derek Sarno says, "Sharing dishes are great when you have friends round for dinner and this flavour-packed tofu recipe won't disappoint!"
- Mix all the dipping sauce ingredients in a small dish and set aside until ready to serve.
- Pat the tofu dry with kitchen paper. Slice into 1cm pieces, then halve each slice along the diagonal into triangles.
- In a bowl, mix the cornflour, onion and garlic granules, spices and seasonings. Dip each tofu triangle in the cornflour mix, ensuring it's evenly coated. Pat off any excess; set aside. Reserve the remaining cornflour mix.
- Place a large, heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the oil. Carefully add the tofu and cook for 3 mins each side or until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon or tongs and drain on kitchen paper.
- Toss the broccoli in the remaining cornflour mixture, shake off any excess and add the broccoli to the hot pan. Cook for 5 mins, stirring regularly, until lightly charred but still crunchy. Return the tofu to the pan, add most of the chillies and spring onions and toss to mix. Cook for 2 mins, stirring occasionally, until everything is hot.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with the reserved spring onions and chillies, then grind over some more black pepper and serve with the dipping sauce.
Tip: Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
See more Vegan recipes
View full recipe details