Fiery rum punch recipe
Get in the festive spirit with a taste of Caribbean sunshine, whatever the weather, by mixing up this simple rum and ginger beer cocktail. Make in a big jug to serve. See method
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 4 lemons
- 400ml dark rum
- 1ltr fiery ginger beer
- 2 balls stem ginger, to serve
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Put the ginger slices on a chopping board and press down with the flat of a knife or bottom of a glass to lightly crush. Add to a large jug with 2 of the lemons, cut into wedges, then muddle together with a wooden spoon or end of a rolling pin.
- Pour over the rum - the base can be chilled now if making ahead.
- When ready to serve, pour over the ginger beer and stir to mix. Serve in glasses with plenty of ice and garnish with the remaining lemons and stem ginger, both sliced into rounds.
See more Drinks recipes