Pan fried scallops with warm chorizo recipe
- 20 scallops from fish counter (or you can use frozen or pre packet)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 225g Tesco Finest chorizo ring, skin removed and cut into 1cm chunks
- 4 peppers, seeds removed and cut into thin strips
- 2 shallots, peeled and cut into thin rings
- 31g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 120g of fresh and naked lambs lettuce
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil into a frying pan to medium, add the peppers and shallots cooking for 5 mins until softened, now add the chorizo for another 2 mins, stirring all the time. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside whilst you cook the scallops. Gently pat any excess moisture from the scallops with kitchen paper, season both sides of the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a non stick frying on a high temperature. Now place the scallops into the pan, you want to hear an instant sizzle, don’t be tempted to move the scallops leave them to cook for 1 minute, then turn them over one by one, they should have a nice caramel colour on the cooked side. After a further minute remove scallops from the pan.
- Arrange the scallops onto each plate, now mix the warm pepper salad with the lambs lettuce serve this with the scallops, drizzle the oil that is left in the pepper pan over your scallops followed by some chopped parsley.
See more Half hour recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.