The creamy taste of chocolate is balanced by the tangy kick of orange zest in this recipe, which involves just a few simple steps! If you don’t have an ice cream maker, don’t worry – you can use a blender to help instead.
- Bring 150ml (5fl oz) of water and 150g (5oz) of caster sugar to the boil in a saucepan, and continue heating until the sugar has dissolved.
- Take the pan off the heat and whisk the chocolate in. Once the chocolate has melted, leave to cool slightly
- Transfer the mix to a blender along with the orange zest and 600ml (21fl oz) of water. Blitz until smooth
- Churn the mixture in an ice cream maker until it reaches a sorbet consistency. If you find the mixture to be too thick to pour into the ice cream mixer, thoroughly whisk it first to loosen. Once it has been churned, place in the freezer until ready to use
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a container, cover and leave in the freezer. Use a fork to break up the mixture every 30 minutes until set. Once it has set, blitz the sorbet mix in a blender until smooth and then freeze.
See more Ice cream recipes