A spicy Indian curry filled with mouthwatering pork and potatoes to delight friends and family.
- Place the spices for the spice paste in a mortar and pestle and finely grind. Place in a blender or food processor and purée with ginger, garlic and vinegar.
- Pour this over the meat and coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hrs to marinate.
- Turn on the slow cooker and add the marinated meat and potatoes. In a large frying pan, heat the vegetable oil. Add the onions with some seasoning and sauté for 10 mins.
- Add the tomato purée, chopped tomatoes, cinnamon stick and stock. Bring to a boil. Pour over the meat and place the lid on. Cook for 4 hrs on high or 8 hrs low.
- Serve with fresh steamed rice, yogurt, fresh coriander, chopped red onion and your favourite chutneys.
See more Pork recipes
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
Cook as instructed and allow to cool completely. Then transfer to an airtight, freezer-safe container, seal and freeze for up to 1-3 months. To serve, defrost thoroughly in the fridge overnight before reheating. To reheat and serve, place on medium heat, stirring occasionally until the dish is heated through.
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.