Watermelon and lime mocktail
Nothing is more refreshing than the flavours of sweet watermelon and sharp lime on a hot summer’s day. Put your feet up and relax in the shade with this cooling mocktail recipe.
- Halve the watermelon and cut the flesh into chunks, discarding any seeds and the rind – you'll need about 450g (15 1/2oz) flesh in total. Transfer to the freezer, in a suitable container, and leave for an hour to get really cold.
- Slice 2 thin round slices from each of the limes and set aside for garnish, then squeeze the juice from the remaining limes into a blender.
- After an hour, remove the watermelon from the freezer and add to a blender, along with the sugar or honey, chilled soda water and the mint leaves.
- Blend until smooth, adding a splash more soda water if you prefer a thinner consistency, then stir and pour into a jug filled with the ice cubes.
- Garnish with the reserved lime slices and the mint sprigs. Serve in tall glasses, filled with more ice, if you like.
See more Drink recipes
View full recipe details