Silky spinach, tangy tomato and salty Parma ham sit neatly on a traditional pizza base, topped with a perfectly cooked egg – this classic Italian Florentine pizza recipe boasts vibrant, fresh flavours for a delicious dinner idea that's perfect for sharing.
- To make the pizza dough, mix the flour, sugar, 2 tsp salt, and yeast in a bowl. Stir in the oil and add about 300ml lukewarm water to make a soft, but not sticky dough.
- Tip onto a floured work surface and knead for 10 mins. Transfer to a clean bowl, cover with oiled clingfilm and set aside to prove in a warm place for 1 hr, or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, cook the tomatoes in a pan until thickened and reduced; season well. Preheat the oven to its highest setting. Divide the dough into 4 and shape each into a ball. Roll out thinly and put on 4 baking sheets lined with nonstick baking paper.
- Spread each base with tomato sauce, then scatter over the spinach, mozzarella and ham. Bake, in batches if needed, for 8 mins.
- Crack an egg in the centre of each pizza. Continue baking for 2-3 mins more, until the egg is just set and the crust is crisp.
See more Pizza recipes
View full recipe details