Tomato and cauliflower traybake
Jamie says: "This veggie centrepiece is quick to prepare and can be left to cook low and slow in the oven, freeing you up to enjoy the Easter celebrations."
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C,fan 180°C. Click off and discard any tatty cauliflower leaves, then cut the cauliflower into quarters and place everything in a deep baking tray. Rub all over with 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then roast for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, place a large, casserole pan on a medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Peel and finely chop the garlic, and finely chop the white parts of the spring onions, reserving the greens for later, then add to the pan and cook for 2 mins.
- Destone the olives and add to the pan with the tomatoes and ½ a tin’s worth of water, breaking them up with a wooden spoon, then season. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and pour the sauce around it, then bake for a further 25 mins, or until the sauce has thickened and the cauliflower is tender.
- Meanwhile, bash the almonds using a pestle and mortar (or finely chop), and set aside. Now make a gremolata. Finely chop the parsley (stalks and all) and the greens of the spring onions, then place in a small bowl. Finely grate in the lemon zest, squeeze in the lemon juice, stir through 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and season to taste.
- Spoon the gremolata over the cauliflower and scatter the smashed almonds over the top. Delicious with fluffy couscous or crusty bread.
See more Jamie Oliver recipes
View full recipe details