Ouzo and blackberry mojito recipe
We've given the classic mojito recipe a Greek twist by using ouzo instead of rum and added sweetness with fresh blackberries. A great cocktail to make for summer parties in the garden; make a few pitchers and let people help themselves. See method
For the sugar syrup
- 80g sugar
- large handful mint leaves
- 100g blackberries, plus 50g to serve
For the cocktail
- 30g bunch mint, leaves removed from 4 stalks the rest left whole
- 250ml ouzo
- 4 limes, 3 juiced, 1 sliced
- soda water
- ice cubes
Did you know?
Carefully selected when ripe, plump and juicy
If you don't have any limes, try a lemon instead
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- For the syrup, heat the sugar, mint and blackberries with 100ml water. Simmer for 5 mins, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Place the mint in the middle of a large jug, then using the end of a rolling pin, bash the mint to break it up a little. Spoon in two large handfuls of ice and pour over the syrup.
- Add the ouzo, lime juice and remaining blackberries and mix well. Top with enough soda to make about 1ltr.
- Serve the mojito in glasses with more ice if needed.
See more Summer cocktail recipes