Winter salad wreath
Brighten up your Christmas table with a centrepiece salad. A perfect dish to balance rich festive favourites, this winter salad pairs peppery rocket, seasonal chicory and sweet apple with a simple honey and mustard dressing.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the apple slices to stop them from browning. Set aside.
- Arrange the chicory leaves on a serving plate in a circular pattern for the base of the ‘wreath’. Scatter the rocket and spinach leaves over the top of the chicory.
- Cut 2 of the figs into wedges and scatter over the leaves. Halve the remaining figs and slice. Place the slices side-by-side to create a border around the inside circle of the wreath.
- Scatter the apple, beetroot and feta evenly over the leaves.
- For the dressing, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Season to taste. Serve in the centre of the wreath or alongside, ready for drizzling.
See more Salad recipes
View full recipe details