Maple syrup and mustard gammon with eggs
Spruce up classic ham and eggs with a little sweetness from maple syrup and the peppery flavours of Dijon mustard. The gorgeous flavour combinations really brings this family favourite to life. Enjoy as a hearty breakfast or comforting brunch.
- Mix the maple syrup, mustard, oil and a little seasoning together in a small bowl.
- Place the gammon steaks onto a shallow baking tray, pour over the sauce and turn the gammon so each side is coated really well.
- Place the gammon in the oven and cook for 15–20 minutes depending on the size of the gammon steaks.
- Once cooked through, remove and set aside whilst you fry your eggs with a little olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Cook them to your liking.
- Serve the eggs on top of the gammon steaks, and the juice from the baking tray can be drizzled over the steaks.
See more #EvenBetter recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.
If serving vulnerable groups, elderly people, toddlers, pregnant women and people who are unwell, cook eggs until the whites and yolks are solid.
View full recipe details