Chicken gyros wraps
Inspired from the sunny climes of Greece, our gyros wraps are stuffed with marinated chicken thighs, homemade tzatziki and red onion pickle. The chips are optional but we 100% recommend having them and putting them inside the gyros wrap before eating.
- Put the marinade ingredients into a bowl and stir in the chicken. Cover with clingfilm and leave to marinate for 30 mins or up to 12 hrs.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°, fan 180°C. Meanwhile, put the sugar and vinegar into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir in the red onions and simmer for 2-3 mins, turn off the heat and pour into a bowl to cool. Set aside.
- Put the chips onto a baking tray and cook to pack instruction.
- In a bowl, add the squeezed-out cucumber with the other tzatziki ingredients, season to taste and set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan to high or, if barbecuing, prepare the barbecue for cooking. Drizzle the griddle with a little oil and add the chicken pieces to a searing hot pan. Cook for 3-4 mins, then turn the chicken over with tongs and repeat. After another 3-4 mins when the chicken has charred, remove from the pan and add to a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining chicken. When all the chicken is charred, cook in the oven for 10-15 mins until cooked through. Cover with foil and set aside. If you prefer not to griddle, cook the chicken pieces for 25-30 mins in the oven.
- To serve, mix the lemon and olive oil together and season with salt and pepper. Toss the salad ingredients together with the lemon dressing. Toast the wraps and fill them with the tzatziki, pickle, chicken and a little salad. Serve with extra salad and the chips.
See more Greek-inspired recipes
View full recipe details