Chocolate mousse pie with praline cream
Nothing beats this chocolate mousse pie for a deliciously decadent Easter pud. From the Oreo biscuit base and rich mousse to the whipped cream and almond praline, this recipe is every dessert lover's dream come true.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Melt 70g of the butter in a pan over a low heat then put in a food processor with the biscuits. Pulse until combined. Press into the base and up the sides of a deep 25cm pie dish, then bake in the oven for 5 mins. Remove from the oven and leave to cool and crisp up.
- Meanwhile, put the sugar, cocoa and cornflour in a pan. Whisk in the milk until blended. Cook over a medium heat, stirring until boiling. Allow to boil for 1 min, then remove from the heat.
- Whisk in the remaining butter and the vanilla. Pour into the pie case. Leave to cool for 30 mins, then chill for 2-3 hrs until set.
- Meanwhile, make the praline topping. Put the nuts on nonstick baking paper on a chopping board. In a pan set over a medium-low heat, melt the sugar, without stirring. Once melted, add a pinch of salt and stir very briefly. Pour over the nuts and leave for 10 mins. Break into pieces and roughly chop.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Fold through most of the pieces then spoon onto the pie. Sprinkle over the remaining praline.
Tip: Add leftover evaporated milk to mashed potato, scrambled eggs or macaroni cheese for an extra creamy flavour.
See more Easter dessert recipes
View full recipe details