Harissa roast chicken fajitas
Jamie Oliver says, "Harissa is a really delicious, fairly mild North African chilli paste that does amazing things to chicken. It's so much fun to serve this fajita-style, and so easy too! You're going to love it."
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Dollop the harissa into a large roasting tray, add a splash of vinegar and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes, drain the chickpeas and add to the tray, along with the chicken. Give everything a really good rub and mix up, then turn the chicken breast-side down and roast for 1 hr 20 mins, or until golden and cooked through, turning the chicken halfway, and basting occasionally.
- To make the slaw, place 2 tbsp of vinegar and oil into a bowl. Scrub the carrots and coarsely grate or finely slice along with the apples and cabbage. Roughly chop the mint leaves (if using), then toss together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the chicken to a big platter along with the chickpeas. Tear open the sweet potatoes and add to the platter, then drizzle over any tasty juices from the tray.
- Warm the tortillas in the oven; ripple a little harissa through the yogurt. Shred the chicken and let everyone load up their tortillas with a bit of everything.
Jamie's tip: "Unlike white potatoes, sweet potatoes count as 1 of your 5-a-day. Get in!"
See more Healthy recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.
View full recipe details